The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Jonathan Chalkley is a chef at ISS, who caters for our unit, the eating disorder day service, amongst other units. I am completing this nomination on behalf of our team, who are all in support of this nomination. We are nominating Jonathan because he goes above and beyond his duties to make sure that everything runs smoothly for us at lunchtimes. It is clear he understands the complexity of eating disorders, where for instance distress may be caused if the correct food order doesn't come or something is swapped out/substituted. He always makes extra effort to come down and speak to staff in the office if a food item has had to be substituted e.g., to problem solve about what could be offered instead to cause the least possible distress/challenge come mealtime. He always has the patients interests in mind and will try his best to be flexible following discussions with staff regarding best substitutes for mealtimes. For example, he has often made a last minute trip to the shop to purchase ingredients/items for a snack/meal that may have needed to be substituted due to supply issues. Jonathan really goes the extra mile for patients.
In addition to being very hardworking and thoughtful about our patients needs, Jonathan is also a pleasure to have as a colleague. When he comes down to speak to us, he is always so friendly and polite and very professional at all times. This makes him very easy to work with. All staff in our office have commented at one point or another about how friendly Jonathan is.
Jonathan is truly a great team member