The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
IT & Digital
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Janet has worked at the Trust for many years, building a vast experience of operational working practices and developing leadership skills that cannot be taught in a classroom.
Janet leads her team with heart, with humour, often in adversity and treats every team member as a valued individual.
The demands on Janets time are immense yet she remains positive and focused; working for solutions to problems with her team as a joint effort. Her attention to detail ensures that projects are delivered in line with the requirements of the users, making sure that their voices are listened to and that they are continually kept in the loop and up to date with progress.
Janet is a diplomatic expert; in IT we have to deal with some difficult situations and people and Janet maintains her grace and composure in the face of some highly charged conversations.
On a personal note, I have worked with Janet for nearly 20 years, I have seen her learn, grow and progress through the minefield of NHS senior management. She has built her skills throughout this time and continued to increase her knowledge. She makes time for all her team and colleagues when it is needed. A true Unsung Hero.