The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Our admin team are the bedrock of our dynamic hospital specialist palliative care team and breathlessness intervention service. Ann, Claire, Pauline and Rachel deal efficiently with phonecalls from hospital staff, patients and relatives, organise appointments, sort letters and info and help collate data to support clinical activities. Our clinical workload is demanding and emotionally intense but these colleagues always "have our backs" with a word of encouragement, funny joke or a cup of tea. They enable us to be there for our patients in more ways than we will ever know.
During and after covid we have all had to work in different ways and they have been enduringly cheerful as yet another technological platform has to be mastered.
All of us have struggled at one point or another during the last few years and they have often been the ones who have noticed and escalated that someone needs additional support.