The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
During Covid I was working from home feeling very isolated and wrote a blog piece about my experiences. Sally read the blog and put it into the trust weekly bulletin because she felt sure other people would feel the same. She was right. I have never felt so heard. At a time when I was struggling mentally, Sally reached out to me and would check in regularly that I was ok even though we’d never met in person. Since then, even though our paths don’t cross work wise, Sally has remained my “friend at the end of an email”. I will never forget her kindness at my lowest point and it is for that reason I am nominating her for this award.