The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Since our original manager left the department several years ago we have had some cover but had never really had a permanent manager that really managed to straighten out the department. Staff had a low moral and we were all very disorganized due to the lack of interest and knowledge that our previous manager had. Our new manager has been able to get all the staff re-engaged in doing the job that they are supposed to be doing and working more as a team. The staff have also been developing their knowledge more because they now have encouragement from their new manager. Our new manager is also very competent at helping out and doesn't mind mucking in to get things done.