Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Michelle has been an integral part of the Audiology team since she began working with us, however over recent years, during Covid and beyond, it has become apparent just how important she is to the running of the department. Michelle without fail will make sure she completes all her daily responsibilities, putting in extra hours or days when required, never leaving any loose ends for anyone else to deal with. She is a strong support of new staff, helping guide them in the many roles that are involved in Audiological clerical work. She is consistently kind and courteous to patients on the phone and in person, despite a high demand for calls she always makes sure that people are looked after. She will go above and beyond for patients to make sure they can be seen in a time and manner suitable to them, always taking into account any unique needs or requests that patient may have. And most importantly, Michelle is a pleasure to work alongside. Her selfless attitude towards helping others inspires the rest of the team to work equally as hard and be just as supportive, and her outlook has strengthened the team as a whole. Days when Michelle doesn't work are noticeabley less cheerful, and the department misses her terribly when she takes a well earned holiday. Michelle should receive this award, as the positive attitude and hard work ethic are far beyond what is required for the role, but in being the person she is, she has created a productive work culture within the department and this should be given the recognition it deserves.