The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The Practice Education Facilitator team (PEF team) is a small team that work across the NCA and can support more than 1,000 learners at one time. The team is made of highly experienced, skilled and dedicated individuals that are continuously supporting staff and learners in practice. The work of the PEF team is often invisible as it is not direct patient-facing or caring, but it carries on, everyday, working with all major stakeholders. The team is such a fantastic team or dedicated, caring and compassionate registered clinicians with a wealth of clinical and non-clinical experience. The PEF team provide training for all placement areas within the NCA to ensure they feel properly prepared to hosting learners and contribute to the future workforce of the Nursing, Midwifery and AHP professions by constantly working and evaluating learner's experience at the NCA. The team has had staff changes, recently the principle educator has left and some of our fixed term contracts are being reviewed as the the financial recovery is being reviewed. The team go above and beyond and provide pastoral support too. The PEF team are about to launch a Health and Wellbeing platform for all learners to ensure that they remain well whilst on placement as we recognise that healthcare can sometimes be stressful given the current climate. Some of the team are also studying whilst working full time to provide a better service to our learners. As a team/service, I feel this team are rarely recognised and to be celebrated as a team would really boost the team.