The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The Client Affairs team in Salford support over 450 vulnerable adult social care users to manage their finances, the team also assist in organising funerals for people when they have nobody else able to do so. Day to day they deal with a plethora of different scenarios - organising emergency funds for clients who have lost their bank card to buying furniture for a client who is moving into their own property, making sure a clients bills are always paid and on time or making sure someone's benefit claim is renewed on time so they don't lose any monies. They conduct property searches when a client has passed away in the community and assist in finalising finances when there is no family or friends able to do so. This team very rarely get any thanks for what they do (not everyone appreciates that they have someone managing their money for them), but this team always go above and beyond to make sure the clients are well looked after and are involved in making decisions around their finances. They are a small team, but they are mighty!! Dealing with client monies presents constant challenges however, the team always remain positive and a good sense of humor always helps. They always pride themselves on supporting each other and want to do their very best for the clients, They are simply the best!