The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Ruth's job description expanded during Covid, from overseeing housekeeping duties to being the pivotal role model for ITU, procuring over 500 consumables for ITU SMH. Ruth goes above and beyond in her role to ensure the team have the tools to provide excellent patient care, at the quantities to ensure safe service. Maintaining the store room to ensure everything is in its right place and in order, willing to support other ventures within the unit, supporting the delivery of staff and patient comfort alike.
Ruth has an exceptional ability to know when her close team members and the group at large, are struggling, demonstrating kindness , empathy, and loyalty to others at all times. Ruth will always take time to ask how you are, bring a smile, where needed seek help on your behalf. Often before looking after herself. Ruth is so dedicated to the division she is close to retiring for the second time! Not if we have anything to do with it! Nothing is too much trouble and she is a credit to ITU. When she does retire, it will be a significant loss to the department and the team will very much miss her and her amazing contribution.