The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Volunteer of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Adehel is one of the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunts Orthopaedic trusts young volunteers. Adehel has autism but this does not stop her from volunteering in many different roles within the hospital. She works on the spinal injury wards in housekeeping, she helps in Horatio's garden, a garden used by our spinal injury patients, planting up displays, carving pumpkins for halloween and making christmas wreaths . She also volunteers in the League of Friends coffee shop where you are always guaranteed a cheery welcome along with your cup of tea and slice of cake. Her work in the hospital is invaluable and very much appreciate by staff and patients alike.