The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Volunteer of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Zoha has been an amazing member of our volunteer team. Zoha joined us in March 2023 and started as a patient greeter, this includes helping patients find their way around the Trust. Zoha took the time to familiarise herself with where departments were in the Trust so she could help direct people. She then went on to ward support which included chatting to the patients making tea, helping the patients fill in patient feedback forms, and replenishing stock for the wards. We noticed how confident Zoha was becoming and approached her to help conduct surveys. Zoha was more than happy to give this a go, at first she was a bit scared but her confidence grew within a day, she was so pleased with herself, and we were. Nothing is too much trouble, she loves meeting new people and trying new things. Zoha now takes part in helping conduct different surveys around the Trust and is meeting new members of staff. Zoha is a delight to be around and has become a valued member of our team and we are always happy to see her.