The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The members of the Waste & Grounds Team work steadily and diligently behind the scenes to keep the hospital's waste flowing to the correct destinations; to recycle materials and to maintain hospital grounds. Plus in the current icy weather the team also grit paths and courtyards to keep staff and visitors safe. They have to deal with some very unpleasant materials; including dead vermin and bodily waste but they rarely complain. They are out in all weathers, collecting domestic rubbish, clinical waste and recycling materials as well as collecting broken furniture & undertaking grounds work. Their contribution is seldom noticed until things go wrong & the corridors are cluttered; waste cupboards full or there is a lot of litter on site. They are a very special bunch and I am proud to be their Manager. The photo shows some of the team at our Christmas meal on Sat 3 Dec 2023.