The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The Document Control Team has been instrumental in driving quality improvement across the NCA over the last 12 months, including supporting colleagues with developing and harmonising clinical policies and guidelines to improve patient safety and care.
The team has implemented a number of changes to support clinical colleagues and free up their time to focus on other commitments. This includes hosting virtual and in-person support sessions to assist with writing and reviewing key policies, and taking on some of the administrative duties associated with authoring clinical information over and above their job descriptions.
Additionally, the team rapidly self-taught accessibility standards and are undertaking a large piece of work to make information contained within policies and clinical guidance accessible to all, including people with visual impairments or a physical disability.
The team have worked tirelessly to support their colleagues across the clinical and corporate services to improve the quality of information shared across the organisation, and whilst they are not patient facing with a direct impact on the delivery of care, the indirect impact their work has had is significant.