The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Our Radiology department could literally not run without Sue! As a very new consultant in a new trust I ended up covering the site lead role for 9 months - this was incredibly stressful, however it would have been a million times worse if I had not had Sue by my side. She generates all our rotas, including asking senior consultants to cover multiple sessions, which is an intimidating task in itself and it is always done so courteously and considerately. She does multiple other administrative roles (many I’m sure I don’t even realise). She is my point person for any issues - leaking offices, pens, urgent reports, a friendly face for a chat/decompress and it is always done in a way that it makes you feel that you or your issue are the most important thing at that moment however minor it is. However it is not just the work side that she excels in, it’s that ability to make people feel comfortable and that you can trust her.
For me she made a difficult job that bit easier and always makes me feel so welcome!