The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Vickie supports all senior members of the People team at the NCA - she works tirelessly on all our behalves, gathering data, preparing reports, reminding us of deadlines, suggesting new avenues to explore and maintaining some very complex project plans.
She is someone who works incredibly hard behind the scenes with the leaders of each team fronting the different pieces of work that we deliver and hence she rarely gets the credit for her contribution to all the work that we do.
She has an unflappable character, taking everything in her stride and certainly in the last 12 months has turned her hand to multiple different things that have been asked of her. She has built great relationships with everyone across the team which means that she is able to 'chivvy' people along for ther requests she has made in a lovely yet demanding way - meaning she tends to get a positive return.
Without the work that Vickie does we would not have been able to deliver the work that we do to the timescales that are demanded of us.
Personally as the Chief of People she enables me to get assurance that everything is on track and that the right actions are being taken to address our risks and the projects that are on the go. I trust her implicitly.
She never seeks thanks for the work she does and is very unassuming in all her dealings with others - quietly getting on with what needs doing, something she does incredibly efficiently - one of the most diligent people I have ever had the pleasure to work with.