The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Filing and Archiving Team - Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
The team work extremely hard providing an inhouse collection and delivery service for casenotes across the Trust site. They also retrace and refile thousands of casenotes per day. This is heavy work; they walk for miles and have worked for years in the dusty conditions of the medical records basement.
They have recently relocated all the casenotes from old Theatre 7/10 into the new File Factory. In the last 12 months they have consolidated the community storage areas saving the Trust money in rental costs. They have also relocated closed volumes to an off-site storage location. These urgent extra duties were undertaken in the evening and at weekends. The daily collections and filing service were not affected during this time due to their hard work, commitment, and wiliness to complete overtime.
They are proud to be part of a team and deserve the appreciation and recognition for all their commitment and hard work.