The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
EDMS – Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
The EDMS team started scanning acute health records in February 2022. They have now digitised over 50,000 sets of casenotes, as this is a sedentary role most Trust staff will be unaware of who the EDMS team are.
The implementation is bringing huge benefits to the Trust, fundamentally enhancing the way we work. EDMS means the patient history is available instantly to any clinician who needs to access it, also giving multiple people in separate locations the ability to simultaneously access the patient record. By providing clinicians with the information they need, we can greatly improve the patient experience.
The team work hard to get the patient records digitised in a timely manner and achieving the targets set for them. It involves concentration, accuracy and can be a thankless role at times. They go above and beyond scanning urgent records when required, and willingly work extra hours to facilitate quality checking the scanned records that have been outsourced.
They have also assisted the filing team with the urgent relocation of approximately 650,000 sets of casenotes to new storage locations as well as relocating their own scanning bureau. They have undertaken all these tasks without complaint.
They are proud to be part of a team that is improving the way we work as a Trust and deserve the appreciation and recognition for all their commitment and hard work.