The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
IT & Digital
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Sarah joined the ED team April 2020 as our house keeper.
She has absolutely made that role in ED starting it right from the get go of Covid for us going way beyond now compared to what is actually the role of the house keeper. From ensuring all our patients are fed and watered, topping up food supplies, going out of her way to ensure anything the patient needs we cater for. Sarah has taken on off her own back all our job requests for estates, maintaining equipment stock levels - sourcing whatever we require to keep our emergency department going from elsewhere in the Trust to liaising with external agencies. Sarah just beavers away in her housekeeper role, clearing and clearing areas of ED and stock and store room areas. We absolutely know when she is on leave!
She is kind and considerate not just to patients but also the wider ED team, volunteers on additional days and for all the new volunteers that come to ED Sarah provides a warm welcome, induction and shows them all the workings of our ED and the role of the volunteer.
Sarah is an integral part of our team, a great asset and deserves to be recognised for all her hard work and effort than she does always with a laugh and smile.