The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Paula has shown outstanding work ethic throughout her time with the team. No job is too much for her, and considering she is the only admin within Liaison and Diversion, she has to wear a lot of hats! Not only does she ensure that all letters, assessments and reports and written correctly, checking for spelling and grammar errors as well as layout issues, she will send referrals for staff when we are short, engage regularly with clients on the telephone, book assessments for the team and arrange assessment days and the rota. This isn't even taking into account all the things she does off on top of her job role if asked.
Throughout Covid, Paula has kept team moral high, especially at Christmas with her daily Christmas jumpers. If a member of the team is clearly low, she will be the first to ask if we are ok and give a helping hand if we are overwhelmed by things. She shows empathy, compassion and thoughtfulness towards staff and patients, something that is hugely admired. With her own personal difficulties at the time, this is something that went above and beyond.