The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Sarah has worked in our ED department for a number of years. Her title is housekeeper but her input towards the running of our department far exceeds this job title. Sarah is our go to person when items of equipment are broken, things aren't working properly, shelves need moving/putting up, new chairs needed, stores have not arrived , items are unavailable or alternatives need to be found, down to ordering name badges and uniforms for staff. She trouble shoots all these glitches in our busy department on top of her role as house keeper offering patients cups of tea and sandwiches, ordering food and supplies for our kitchen and sorting out stores deliveries. The amount of tasks she deals with are far greater and diverse than the ones i have listed and we all truly believe we would be lost without her. She does all this with a smile and sense of humour and nothing ever seems to be too much trouble. She truly is a star and a hero to us.