The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
IT & Digital
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Jo is an inspiration at Alder Hey. She has been a member of staff for many years and now manages the Transcription team. Jo does day to day management such as sickness, appraisals etc exceptionally but alongside this finds the time for each individual, going above and beyond to ensure everyone is supported an gets any development they need.
Jo is so patient and always a friendly face to everybody she meets. She protects her team and is always present. The KPIs for the transcription team are met or exceeded every month without fail and the service provided for the Trust and it's patients is exemplary.
Jo is an inspiration to other leaders within the organisation, often cited as the gold star in terms of management. She never makes a fuss or asks for anything in return, simply coming to work and getting the job done. Jo supports every time there is an issue within the department she feels the team can help with, providing clear actions and updates as she helps to resolve problems.
Overall, Jo is the perfect nominee for an unsung hero award, having worked in an often under valued service within the NHS, doing an amazing job for so many years. As a team we don't know what we would do without her and would love to see her recognised as part of these awards.