The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
I would like to bring to your attention the positive impact Javed has had on our team and patients in the Gastroenterology department at Watford General Hospital. He is brilliant at his job - a constant positive presence on the ward and keeps our patient kitchen immaculately clean and well stocked at all times. This is particularly important on a gastroenterology ward where our patients have complex dietary needs. I have compared our ward kitchen with others on the hospital site during my on-call shifts and there is a notable difference in terms of upkeep and superseding infection control standards. Our patients have complex psychosocial backgrounds and needs and Javed is so caring and kind towards them and their families. He goes above and beyond to provide healthy options and promote good hydration and keeps the medical team well hydrated and morale high. I would like his hard work to be formally recognised if possible. He is ALWAYS smiling no matter what is going on in his personal life or the chaos on our ward. I think he is a credit to the NHS and I know that the rest of my team feels the same. He has made a hugely positive impact on me during my first four months as a junior doctor. Thank you Javed!