The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Sian has been a ward clark on the gastro ward at watford for a few years now but before that was also a HCA on the same ward for many years. Sian is the definition of a team player she goes above and beyond for her team and supports everyone in anyway she can. The care and compassion she gives to her patients is the gold standard and treats everyone with respect and dignity no matter the situation. Sian really is the glue that keeps everyone together and always there with a warm smile and a positive attitude, she really is the most fantastic ward clark there is and truly deserves all the recognition she gets. We’d all be lost with out Sian!
During Covid, sian helped support her colleagues in challenging times even digging in with personal care and tea rounds to offload the floor staff from a stressful day. In more recent months she’s supported to the doctors with SHO clinics and referring patients on to appropriate outpatient appointments. Alongside this when our EPR system came out, Sian stepped up and supported all of us with the transition with patience and humour, to get us through the transition period.
No one deserves this award more than Sian!