The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Come rain or shine Mick works tirelessly to keep the Watford Hospital site clean and tidy. Mick starts earlier than required (his shift starts at 7 am) to ensure the entrances are clean and tidy for nurses and staff on morning shift change. He always has a kind word and a pleasant manner to brighten your day. Nothing is too much bother for him and he takes great pride in his work. Not only does he clear the litter others leave behind but clears up the falling leaves so the floor surfaces are clean and safe to walk on. If you notice an area which needs attention Mick is happy to attend to it as soon as possible. He is a great asset to the trust and i feel he is likely to he one of our unsung heroes