Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Jason Rigby is a talented, supportive, loyal, hardworking Facilities Manager at the Horton General Hospital which is part of the OUH Trust.
In his spare time Jason sings and performs regularly with Reading Gospel Choir.
Jason has voluntarily started a choir group known as The Power Choir meeting every Wednesday at the Horton General Hospital, Banbury, Oxfordshire. The inaugural choir meeting started, in February 2023, very small which has gradually grown to in excess of 48 regular members, there are Midwives, Porters, Nurses and Registrars to name a few. A highlight was performing at the NHS awards in Oxford on 6th July 2023. The Power Choir have performed at a Christmas Fair recently, Christmas light switch on, a remembrance service of 400 attendees for a local hospice and are due to perform to an expected audience of 800 at St Marys Church, Banbury on 14th December 2023.The encouragement, guidance, wisdom, knowledge & support Jason has kindly & freely imparted to the choir members deserves recognition. The confidence Jason has imparted to team members to sing a solo or singing as part of a team for pure joy all of which empowers individuals in their everyday lives for all round Health & Wellbeing.
Jason Rigby thoroughly deserves recognition for the time he has freely given, the joy he has brought to so many not only in the choir but those that have been entertained by the performances, all whilst managing a very busy department at the Hospital.