The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
IT & Digital
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Giles has been at the forefront of several key IT initiatives recently. He will always make himself available to support on any site, clinical and support staff from a desktop, hardware point of view, but also takes on elements that are not necessarily his role. Giles will support with large screen installations in clinical areas, training, support and engagement for staff on new and existing IT systems and will travel to any site in the Trust whenever it is required. Giles will also cover for any of the team at a moments notice and walks the floor on wards on a regular basis addressing IT issues and resolving or recording them for the clinical staff. He is well known now on the wards, and is always welcomed when he arrives on the clinical areas as the staff know he will always do his best to help wherever he can. I feel that Giles deserves to be nominated for the unsung hero awards as he does all of this with a smile and no complaints and is a real asset to the digital team.