The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The past few years in Radiology at the NOC have been difficult. Even with reduced machinery they have all worked above and beyond to ensure the orthopaedic patients are not let down. This department sees to patients with bone and soft tissue cancers, paediatrics and adults. Despite being a small team and and small service, they always put their patients first, even if that means working extra shift or longer hours. many of the vital machines have broken over the years, and as the NHS struggles financially, this has meant the team are working harder than ever to ensure their service provisions are not hugely disrupted. Without this department, many sarcoma patients throughout the UK may have not been able to access cancer diagnosis and treatment as promptly as they have. This is one of the greatest, patient-centred departments i have ever had the pleasure working in, and this is my way of thanking each and every one of them for their hard work and dedication to everyone that walks through the doors.