The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Hi, as a large tertiary teaching hospital we are a large workforce looking after a large number of patients. I wonder how many times we stop to think about how well presented our hospital is and how hard the domestic and housekeeping staff work to keep our public spaces and clinical areas clean and of the highest standard. Not only does this minimise the risk of infection and growth of resistant strains of microbes but it also gives a first impression to our visitors and patients of how clean and welcoming our hospital is. I would like to say a big thank you to the staff who carry out this vital role often without recognition for their tireless work.