The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Volunteer of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The Weekend for Everything Show at Radio Cherwell, the hospital radio for Oxford University Trust is a perfect example of a team that exemplifies the attributes that should be honoured and acknowledged. Their remarkable strong work ethic, inventive spirit, and excellent people skills make them not only an invaluable addition to the trust but also an inspiration to others. Awarding this team would demonstrate their ongoing beneficial influence on the in the hospitals and the larger society, in addition to honouring their prior achievements.
This team is made up of volunteers who run the Children's show every Saturday and go to all the children's wards to engage with the kids in games and award them with prizes. This kind gesture puts a smile on the faces of the kids going through difficult treatments and bring relief to their families which ultimately creates positive patient/family experience in the hospital.