The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
I want to nominate the Quality and Incident teams of the Cervical Screening Administration Service.
Over the years, the team have contended with stabilising a service that was transferred from an outsourcing company returning to the NHS umbrella under the North of England Commissioning Support Unit. The teams reduced incidents and improved service quality scores by supporting operations teams with guidance and data. They took the initiative to improve longstanding processes to streamline the service and make processes more robust to ensure patient safety through their cervical screening journey. They contended with working remotely during Covid-19, keeping their enthusiasm for their roles while dealing with drastic new ways of working. They are a constantly evolving team growing in numbers and dealing with working in new ways; they always look forward and are a prime example of teamwork. With the anticipation of a new service system on the horizon, they are looking forward to meeting the challenges the significant changes will bring to them as individuals, as a team and as a service. I think the awards are a wonderful idea to recognise the administrative teams that work within the NHS.