The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Gwen is a constant support to the nursing team on the busy ward.
These last 12 months Gwen has taken on the role of wellbeing lead. This has immensely enhanced the staff's work-life experience.
She makes herself readily available for advise and chats when needed. This has made a huge different to the teams wellbeing and positive mental health. Being a friendly ear to talk though any work or personal problems has been meant staff have felt cared for and valued on a level we have not be able to provide before.
Having that person who is away from the busy ward environment but still appreciated the everyday concerns the staff have has be invaluable.
I can honestly say that our staff retention has positively benefited from Gwen's input as well as her pus to foster a open and welcoming environment where all are valued and staff fell cared for beyond there work role.
She has been a huge support to the senior team in supporting there own staff in a time, post pandemic, when work is busier than ever, people are struggling with person health issues and the cost of living concerns.
Nothing is too much effort and no problem is too small for Gwen to be on hand to offer help and guidance when asked. I don't know what the service would do without her.
On a personal level she is always at work with a smile on her face and a positive attitude, despite sometimes going through her own personal issues away from work. She takes joy in helping others which is clearly shown through her daily actions.