The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
IT & Digital
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Carl has been in the EPR team for several years and has become a key member whom everyone turns to when they need assistance with challenging pieces of work. More recently, Carl has been an asset to the LIMS, (Laboratory Information Management System), project. Having never been involved with the Diagnostics workstream before, and not having the expertise in order comms, Carl has thrown himself into it and has learned so much in a short amount of time. He is now seen as the order comms expert within the project team and not only is he improving the knowledge of this area within his own team, he is also helping another Trust with their build and decision making. He takes the time to work with members of the EPR Team to question their understanding and coach them so that he can improve their skills and knowledge to ensure we have the expertise to properly and safely maintain the new order comms build once live.
He meticulously tests and takes the time to explain any issues found in multiple ways, ensuring that he changes his communication to meet the needs of the person he is communicating with, be that labs staff, project team or technical staff.
Carl is very respectful towards everyone, including clinical staff, and has developed excellent working relationships with various people across the team, department, wider organisation and suppliers alike.