The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Gayan stepped in to the role at short notice, and at a time when the Environmental Health had just awarded the Trust a 1 star rating for food service to patients in the Trust. Gayan worked tirelessly to engage ward staff, especially housekeepers, to ensure they were suitably trained around allergens, food hygiene and patient safety. He carried out regular audits across our three sites, supporting and assisting staff and attending on his days off and into late hours when required. He is passionate about his role and the patient experience and his work ethic is exemplary. His hard work now means the Trust were recently awarded 3 stars, and Gayan was commended on his work and efforts by the EHO inspectors. He is currently formulating a plan to roll out his training and support further and working towards the attainment of 5 stars.